Blueprints For Student Success
A helpful approach to instruction for schools experiencing challenges
View the latest brochure
Recommended for priority and focus schools that are experiencing changing populations or whose students are struggling, this intensive, three-day, in-district training program offers reliable strategies focused on mediation, not remediation.
Based on research and thriving in practice, these proven strategies, embedded and sustained in the work of collaborative teams, will change the culture in your school from struggling to successful, from deficient to dynamic, from mediocre to meteoric.
Pricing for Blueprints is customized for each district.
Blueprints includes an awareness session for administrative and school staff, three days of training, five days for coaching and classroom visits, and feedback for the principal and teachers throughout the duration of the project. Coaching provides support and scaffolding that will assure the effective implementation and sustainability of the program.
Blueprints for Student Success include the following components and outcomes:
- Blueprints for Learning: Learning how mental models help students easily understand subject matter.
- Blueprints for Higher Level Thinking: Showing students how to think, plan, organize and remember.
- Blueprints for Instruction: Creating instructional strategies to enhance student cognitive development.
- Blueprints for Visual Learning: Teaching visual learning strategies, the most powerful learning modality.
- Blueprints for Success: Helping struggling students, emotionally and academically.
- Blueprints for Behavior: Helping students with impulsivity and self-control.
The Blueprints program fosters instructional approaches and strategies that, if replicated appropriately, will assist the school:
- Increase student achievement;
- Narrow the achievement gap;
- Lower the school’s discipline rate;
- Provide intensive professional development for teachers and principals;
- Build a learning community for continuous and sustained impact; and
- Provide effective solutions for special education and ELL students.
- Delivery Process
- Blueprints includes an awareness session for school staff, three days of training, coaching, and classroom visits and feedback for the principal and teachers throughout the duration of the project. Coaching provides support and scaffolding that will assure the effective implementation and sustainability of the program.
- Day 1
- Topics include the connections between language and cognitive development; how beliefs and values explain student deficiencies; and the role of story and metaphor in higher level thinking, planning, and memory. Participants will learn effective teaching strategies to address each of the stated topics.
- Day 2
- This day includes a study about mental models (blueprints for learning) and their relationship to effective learning; how to remediate gaps in learning in literacy, math and science, etc; and the acquisition of visual learning strategies—the most powerful learning strategy.
- Day 3
- The third day focuses on helping struggling students emotionally and academically. Specific emphasis will be on questioning, syntax, controlling impulsivity, and the development of skills that foster success across the curriculum.
- Standards Covered
- The design of Blueprints incorporates New Jersey’s Core Curriculum Content Standards, the professional standards for teachers and school leaders, and the professional development standards. The program also includes 21st Century content and skills.
A Framework for Understanding Poverty, Ruby K. Payne, Ph.D.
Understanding Learning: the How, the Why, the What, Ruby K. Payne, Ph.D.
Getting to Got It: Helping Struggling Students Learn How to Learn, Betty K. Garner