Prepare by learning about the evaluation models available, keeping up to date on DOE proposals, attending workshops, and reading the resources we are providing here. You can also get an idea of the cost of implementation of the various models.
- Teacher Evaluation Symposium
- Download and watch the presentations.
- Watch the May 30, 2012 Panel Discussion
- Teacher Effectiveness Evaluation System - EE4NJ:
Five Guiding Questions for Principals and Supervisors
- Presentation: EE4NJ
- In September 2012, every school district in New Jersey will be required to implement a local pilot of the new teacher evaluation system. The new system represents a significant change in how teachers have been evaluated in the past and preparation for this change should begin now. This workshop will provide answers to the following critical questions:
- What are the details and timelines of the new teacher evaluation system?
- What are the characteristics, implementation guidelines, and training opportunities of the state-approved teacher evaluation models?
- What should school leaders do now to begin a process of preparing for the September pilot?
- What should principals and supervisors know about the student achievement measures that will be 50% of a teacher’s evaluation?
- How will the new teacher evaluation system change the process of observation and supervision?
Workshop participants are encouraged to come in teams of two or three because time will be provided to begin the planning process for implementation of EE4NJ.
Teacher Evaluation Resources
Click on the title of each evaluation system to display the associated resources.
Teacher Evaluation Systems: Key Features
- McRel’s Teacher Evaluation System
- Stronge Teacher and Leader Effectiveness Performance Evaluation System
- Danielson Framework for Teaching Evaluation Instrument
- Marzano Causal Teacher Evaluation Model